Friday, February 20, 2015

Thirty Minutes of Hell

I "like" writing (and maybe someday I'll be at a place where I can remove those quotes), but finding the will and impetus to write can be a real drag sometimes.  So here's what I'm going to do: once a week or so, I'm going to:
  • Take a writing prompt from NANO Fiction's list of flash fiction prompts (I'll probably start from the earliest one and work my way up).
  • Set a timer for thirty minutes.
  • Write in a frenzied terror until my timer screams at me to stop.
  • Post the half-baked monstrosity here.
  • Provide some analysis on what I would have to do next in order to finish the story.
And then I'll be done, with no further obligation to whatever it is that I produced!

Hopefully, setting zero expectations will prove useful in allowing myself to simply practice writing. I guess we'll see if that's true when I try it out this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment