Monday, February 23, 2015

The Final Fantasy Series: A Story Retrospective

I don't play video games nearly as much as I used to, but one series that still holds a special place in my heart is Final Fantasy.  It's true that the games have had their ups and downs, but the overall quality is still very respectable, especially for a series that I've played for over twenty years.  And the latest entry to be released in the West, Final Fantasy Type-0, looks absolutely killer.

I'll be doing a series covering all the Final Fantasy games that I've played, starting from Final Fantasy IV (known as Final Fantasy II when first released in America) all the way to Final Fantasy Type-0.  The slight twist is that I'll be writing about the games from a storytelling perspective.  The posts will have spoilers, of course, but each entry will be split into two sections: the first discussing the opening of the game (which should be fair game for spoilers), and then a marked section discussing the rest.

I'm already humming the opening music of Final Fantasy IV...

No comments:

Post a Comment